Komen Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Granted $1.1 Million to 33 Local Organizations

Our Affiliate hosted its Grants Award Ceremony April 19, 2012 and we are proud to have granted $1,120,008 to 33 diverse non-profit health care organizations, public health agencies and community groups in Miami-Dade, Broward and Monroe counties that further the Komen mission (click here for the complete list). The room was full of energy and excitement as this group leads the fight against breast cancer in the three counties!

More than 7,000 medically underserved individuals will be impacted by the grant dollars provided for mammograms and thousands more will be impacted by education and awareness programs. In accordance with Komen’s guidelines, 75 percent of the net dollars raised through local events, including the annual Race for the Cure®, will stay in the local community to fund breast cancer screening, education and treatment initiatives.  The remaining 25 percent will be pooled with Komen’s national efforts to fund research programs.

Check out some pictures below and click here for the entire photo album.

For more information or if you need low-cost services, please call our office at 305-383-7116.

From left to right: Kim Romano of WomanKind, Lori Dombroski of Florida Keys AHEC and Sandy B. Muller of Sandy B. Muller Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc.

2012 Grants Award Recipients

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s